KLuK CGDT is the Official Fashion Partner to the LÓrmarins Queen’s Plate. The acclaimed horse racing event takes place this Saturday 11 January at 11am at Kennilworth Racecourse. Strict BLUE and WHITE attire is to be worn. It is important to remember that it is still a horse racing event and not a red carpet premier, so guests must be practical with their choices. Here are some of our suggestions for Race Day Wear
In addition, some tips from Malcolm & Christiaan:
1) Opt for a wedge shoe. Even though most courses accommodate so your heels won’t sink into the soil. You will be standing most of the day and need to be comfortable.
2) Suntan lotion and maybe something for when the sun goes down.
3) Ones Hat and Outfit should coordinate – you can’t just grab any hat. Fascinators are a little tired. Hats are making a return. Under accesorise with jewellery.
4) the race day is not a fancy dress parade. Understatement and edited is far more interesting. And elegance is intelligence
5) Trends are contemporary. Tribal prints. Colour blocking. Layers of lace and some floral. Shorts and jumpsuits are giving the dress some competition. Shapes are less fitted and short
Visit 47 Bree Street 09h00 – 17h00 to get any of these KLuK CGDT looks. Malcolm & Christiaan will be judging Best Dressed and Best Hat on Saturday,so be sure to sport your best equestrian chic gear. The Best Dressed woman will win a R5000 KLuK CGDT voucher, so what will you wear to dazzle on the day?